October 27th, 2009
What do you do when you have a sleepless night? Here is what I have been doing since about 3am:
1. Trying new positions in the vain hope that I will finally find one that feels good to all parts of my body simultaneously. I have these stupid arms that always get in the way.
2. Worrying about stuff.
3. Thinking about enjoyable things to get me off the worrying topics, which keep me up.
4. Thinking about relaxing things to get me off the enjoyable topics, which also keep me up.
5. Giving the internet another chance, after a serious let down earlier tonight. The one thing the internet promises is endless diversion so I get really indignant when I run out of stuff to do online. Maybe I should take up video games?
6. Feeling guilty about wasting time online and switching over to writing a cover letter. This completely undoes any progress on relaxing and being happy and lands me squarely back at worrying, because I do not have a job and I need one, and now I’m really fucked, so I might as well just get up and have breakfast.
Which in this case is half a cherry danish.